Who we are:
The Ontario College of Family Physicians' (OCFP) Family Medicine Residents Committee is comprised of Family Medicine residents who are elected to represent their respective postgraduate Family Medicine programs at the OCFP.
What we do:
- Advise the Board on methods to ensure that Residents in Ontario are knowledgeable about the programs and services of the OCFP and the CFPC;
- Plan, oversee and evaluate communication programs for Residents;
- Act as a liaison between Residents and the OCFP;
- Provide a forum for interchanges amongst the Residents in each of Ontario’s Family Medicine programs;
- Oversee the nomination process for the Community Teacher of the Year Award and to constitute the selection panel for the award;
- Work with the Ontario College and the Academic Departments of Family Medicine to strengthen the relationship with medical students in each of the medical universities and to promote the discipline of Family Medicine.